it will pass 4


... you watch the video a second time ... it is on endless loop ... abruptly you realize the opponent you had faced had not been a man ... you had that suspicion during the battle ... and an exchange had occurred ... parts of each of you were transferred ... it had been surprisingly easy to give yourself over ... it happened so fast ... without warning ... 

... you were adept at hiding from others ... a bold pivot had ended the struggle ... that was then the transformation had occurred ... the blood merged ...  you grabbed ... silence ...   my god you recognized the woman ... the women in the video was your sister ... your sister had  died a decade ago ... a blood disease ... after you sisters’ death your family had changed ... you ...  

... silence ... i had a vague notion of the dream being lost ... the dreamer was grasping the images hoping they wouldn’t vanish ... 





unknown



... let me be clear ... i am only a scribe writing the dream ... i am not the dreamer ... the dreamer is sharing the dream speaking it aloud ... as the dream is retrieved the pronoun used is “you” ... the “you” is the dream person of the dreamer ... could be referred to as “I” but that is not how the dreamer spoke ...  i transcribe as spoken ... there exist the scribe, the dreamer and the people in the dream ... the dreamer designates the self in the dream as “you”... the “you” is not me ... the “you” reiterating is the dreamer in the dream ... i am not the “you” ... all compartmentalizing aside we had a shared tacit understanding of each other … 

... you ...  

... i suspected the dreamer was addressing me so stopped writing ...

“You were in the dream writing in a notebook. You were on the bench with me. Do you remember seeing the video? Making notes?” 

“Sorry this is your dream & I know nothing about it.” 

Yet, I thought to myself, the events in the dream had evoked vivid memories and I had wondered how much the dreamer knew of my past. It was uncanny. The dream was part my reality. I had questioned whether it was a dream or the dreamer was actually attempting to provoke me for some strange reason. Like some sort of test. I continued:

“I‘m not sure what you’re insinuating.” 

Damn! It was so like me to become immediately defensive.

The dreamers eyes locked into mine and ordered: 

“That’s enough for now.”

I nodded. Placed the transcribed papers on the floor.  Bowed and left.
Meanings had been encoded intertwined with explicit disruptive signs.
I had a genuine sense of grief combined with confusion. Things were out of sort. 


::Note:: ... reaching an unrelated turning point in my life ...

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Play

A Requiem coming

Untamed