Tuesday, August 19, 2008

#3

Acts of Indivisibility

(half sisters sitting on the edge of an empty theatre)

Libby:    Are we the angels?
Fanny:   (Sewing wings for the swan)
             Only if you trust that which you don't know.
Libby:    But we humans hate ourselves.
Fanny:   Only the very few trustworthy who dare to wholeheartedly
              be in love will . . .
Libby:     (interrupting) I just want to be happy
Fanny:   Ah happiness ... I have heard, meditate on the difference
             between the Important and the Essential,
             you will learn something secret.
Libby:     I feel I carry the rhythms in my face and hands.
Fanny:   Hold here tight. Gather up all the loose bits of memories
             and press into new form.
Libby:     (struggling & lets the fabric drop)
Fanny:    The sun begins in the night and ends in the middle of my
             spine.
Libby:     And the moon always seems to float wherever she wishes
             drifting without laws.
Fanny:   (embraces Libby)
Libby:     I used to think your kindness might be a sign of insanity.
Fanny:   When I am dead they shall find a picture of you in my heart.
Libby:    You once told me the transmigration of souls is about leaving
            one form of being behind for another.
             (a bell rings or a wolf howls)
Fanny:   Well.
Libby:    Thanks.
Fanny:   Take this. It has no name & is the colour of silence.

(both exit opposite sides leaving the wings behind)

- See: Plays

:: note :: ... #3 of 365... inspired by Fanny Howe ... much of my time has been spent alone on an empty stage after the student actors have left ...