liquid narrative



"The reason for my interest is simple: As a graduate student in the 1990s I studied ancient Greek epic and wrote my dissertation on Homer's Odysseys. It wasn't the idea that a poet could memorize and retell the thousands of lines comprising the story of the wandering Odysseus and his wily wife that got my attention (though I found it a remarkable skill). Rather, it was the idea that the poet sculpted the story in different ways for each telling and each audience. That there were literally thousands of Odysseys circulating the ancient world provoked my curiosity."(Dene Grigar | dene@mail.eaze.net / empyre@lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au)


- See: Terms

:: note :: ... summer list reading ... a whole discussion on rhapsodic, ephemeral, multimedia narrative/story telling (liquid narrative) ... the nomadic town ... my house ... when ghosts will die ... and finally to my original roots the living theater ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Play

Untamed

A Requiem coming